I'm getting ready to upgrade my video card and I'm ready to
splurge a little. I've got about 350.00 available for this purchase.
System info:
AMD Duron 800
128 MB RAM
7200 Hard Drive
I'm wondering which video card would give me the best performance
for the 350.00. I run all the cool games - GPL, N4, Heat, Rally Masters,
etc........
Thanks in advance.
JoeZ
My advice would be to get a 64mb GF2 PRO or GTS and then use the rest of the
money on a faster CPU... A GF3 will suffer with your current CPU - imho.
Wait until around Christmas or early next year before getting the GF3 - when
the prices have dropped down to a sensible level...
Just my 2 �re tho :-)
--
ed_
rrevved <[email hidden]> skrev i
news:[email hidden]...
> On Mon, 13 Aug 2001 11:54:44 -0500, "JoeZ" <[email hidden]> wrote:
>
> >I'm getting ready to upgrade my video card and I'm ready to
> >splurge a little. I've got about 350.00 available for this purchase.
> >
>
> Then get a GeForce 3 !
Agreed.. A G3 on an 800mhz system would make the cpu a bottleneck.Grab a G2
that Ed mentioned, then get yerself a new CPU or more ram with the change ya
have left.
I agree, this is really good advice. The GF2 pro is extremely good value .
Well, the Creative Labs one is at �160 uk, which would probably be about
$200 (?), which would leave $150 for an Athlon 1200.
"Ed Solheim" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:CgUd7.394$[email hidden]...
> My advice would be to get a 64mb GF2 PRO or GTS and then use the rest ofthe
> money on a faster CPU... A GF3 will suffer with your current CPU - imho.
> Wait until around Christmas or early next year before getting the GF3 -when
> the prices have dropped down to a sensible level...
>
> Just my 2 �re tho :-)
> --
> ed_
>
I agree, this is really good advice. The GF2 pro is extremely good value .
Well, the Creative Labs one is at �160 uk, which would probably be about
$200 (?), which would leave $150 for an Athlon 1200.
"Ed Solheim" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:CgUd7.394$[email hidden]...
> My advice would be to get a 64mb GF2 PRO or GTS and then use the rest ofthe
> money on a faster CPU... A GF3 will suffer with your current CPU - imho.
> Wait until around Christmas or early next year before getting the GF3 -when
> the prices have dropped down to a sensible level...
>
> Just my 2 �re tho :-)
> --
> ed_
>
I agree, this is really good advice. The GF2 pro is extremely good value .
Well, the Creative Labs one is at �160 uk, which would probably be about
$200 (?), which would leave $150 for an Athlon 1200.
"Ed Solheim" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:CgUd7.394$[email hidden]...
> My advice would be to get a 64mb GF2 PRO or GTS and then use the rest ofthe
> money on a faster CPU... A GF3 will suffer with your current CPU - imho.
> Wait until around Christmas or early next year before getting the GF3 -when
> the prices have dropped down to a sensible level...
>
> Just my 2 �re tho :-)
> --
> ed_
>


































